Shorter University’s Master of Management (MM) with a concentration in Human Services Nonprofit Management program is offered 100 percent online and can be completed in as little as 12 months. A concentration in Human Service Nonprofit Management will equip students with the foundational knowledge to improve the well-being of others and their community, as well as acquire the necessary skills to succeed as a professional in both the private and public business sectors. This program, in addition to the standard MM curriculum, gives student specific fundamentals in areas of nonprofit management, fundraising, marketing, and strategy.
MM-Human Services Nonprofit Management Curriculum
A Master of Management degree is one of the fastest-growing degree programs with a primary focus on management. Shorter University’s Online Master of Management with a concentration in Human Services Nonprofit Management is designed to equip students with the management expertise required to succeed in today’s demanding and complex business climate, specifically those with an interest in the nonprofit industry. The 31 credit hour MM curriculum includes courses in real-world topics such as ethics, human resource management, research methods, developing effective decision models, while also focusing on nonprofit related areas of management, fundraising, marketing, and strategy.
Holders of a Master of Management degree are desirable for highly competitive management positions. Businesses of all types, including nonprofit organizations, are looking to hire managers who have advanced skills in key areas like communication, strategic thinking, ethics and research methods. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, management positions in a variety of industries can expect growth that is at pace or faster than the national average of 11 percent:
|Industry||Average Salary||Growth Rate (2012-2022)|
|Advertising & Marketing||$115,750||12%|
|Medical & Health Services||$88,580||23%|
|Non-Profits & Associations||$59,970||21%|
Graduates of the online MM program are skilled professionals with the knowledge to make decisions quickly, lead teams and understand business trends.
To be eligible for admission to Shorter University’s Master of Management Program, students must meet the following admission requirements, evidenced by submitting the following documents in an admission portfolio for evaluation:
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 hours attempted.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Demonstration of the ability to perform graduate work in the area of quantitative research methods.
- Candidates with an insufficient undergraduate GPA may submit the results from the GMAT to bolster their application. For those students who submit the GMAT, the following formula shall apply: GPA x 200 points + total GMAT score must equal 1,000 points.
- A current resume documenting at least three years of relevant full-time work experience.
- Two letters of recommendation from employers, instructors or others in a position to evaluate the applicant’s ability to handle graduate work in business administration.
- A personal statement of objectives emphasizing how the completion of the MM degree would affect the applicant’s professional performance and career goals.
- The applicant may include any additional supporting documents that would help the admissions committee in determining the potential success of the applicant.
Final acceptance into the program will be at the discretion of the Graduate Admissions Committee and its assessment of the candidate’s potential to complete the program.