Shorter University’s online Masters of Business Administration (MBA) program is offered 100 percent online and can be completed in as little as 12 months. The 31-credit-hour MBA includes courses in topics such as accounting, economics, law, finance, international business management, marketing, human resource management and data analysis.
An MBA is one of the most prestigious and popular graduate business degree programs available. Shorter University’s online MBA is designed to equip students with the general business knowledge required to succeed in today’s ever-changing business environment. Students will learn to apply the core business disciplines of economics, accounting, management, quantitative analysis, finance and marketing to a wide range of business problems. Faculty members and staff at Shorter University are Christian educators who truly care about the personal well-being of their students.
MBA graduates typically command higher starting salaries compared with other master’s graduates in the U.S. The Graduate Management Admissions Council’s 2015 Year-End Poll of Employers revealed that 75 percent of companies worldwide planned to hire MBA graduates in 2016, compared with 71 percent of these same companies that hired MBA candidates in 2015.
To be eligible for admission to Shorter University’s MBA Program, students must meet the following admission requirements, evidenced by submitting the following documents in an admission portfolio for evaluation:
1. A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 hours attempted.
2. Official transcripts from all institutions attended.
3. Demonstration of the ability to perform graduate work in the areas of Accounting, Finance, Economics and Statistics. This can be demonstrated by satisfactory completion undergraduate courses.
4. Candidates with an insufficient undergraduate GPA may submit the results from the GMAT to bolster their application. For those students who submit the GMAT, the following formula shall apply: GPA x 200 points + total GMAT score must equal 1,000 points.
1. A current resume documenting at least three years of relevant full-time work experience.
2. Two letters of recommendation from employers, instructors or others in a position to evaluate the applicant’s ability to handle graduate work in business administration.
3. A personal statement of objectives emphasizing how the completion of the MBA degree would affect the applicant’s professional performance and career goals.
4. The applicant may include any additional supporting documents that would help the admissions committee in determining the potential success of the applicant.
Final acceptance into the program will be at the discretion of the Graduate Admissions Committee and its assessment of the candidate’s potential to complete the program.
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION COURSES
BUS 5000: Introduction to Graduate Studies (1 credit)
ACC 5600: Managerial Accounting (3 credits)
BUS 5210: Business Research Methods (3 credits)
BUS 5150: Legal and Ethical Environment of Business (3 credits)
BUS 5410: Managerial Finance (3 credits)
BUS 6750: International Business Management (3 credits)
ECO 5500: Managerial Economics (3 credits)
MGT 5310: Human Resource Management (3 credits)
MGT 6910: Policy and Strategy – Industry (3 credits)
MGT 6920: Policy and Strategy – Company (3 credits)
MKT 6920: Marketing Management (3 credits)
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS IN DEGREE: 31