Shorter University’s Master of Management (MM) Program is offered 100 percent online and can be completed in as little as 12 months. The program will equip graduates to seek advanced employment in upper level management positions. The curriculum focuses on enhancing leadership, project management and communication skills, as well as helping students understand how to navigate real-world scenarios.
A Master of Management degree is one of the fastest-growing degree programs with a primary focus on management. Shorter University’s Online Master of Management Program is designed to equip students with the management expertise required to succeed in today’s demanding and complex business climate. The 31 credit hour MM curriculum includes courses in real-word topics such as negotiation, ethics, human resource management, research methods, international management and developing effective decision models.
Holders of a Master of Management degree are desirable for highly competitive management positions. Businesses of all types are looking to hire managers who have advanced skills in key areas like communication, strategic thinking, ethics and research methods. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, management positions in a variety of industries can expect growth that is at pace or faster than the national average of 11 percent:
|Industry||Average Salary||Growth Rate (2012-2022)|
|Advertising & Marketing||$115,750||12%|
|Medical & Health Services||$88,580||23%|
|Non-Profits & Associations||$59,970||21%|
Graduates of the online MM program are skilled professionals with the knowledge to make decisions quickly, lead teams and understand business trends.
MASTER OF MANAGEMENT COURSES
All courses within this curriculum must be taken. If uninterrupted, this curriculum can be completed in approximately 16 months. Courses are 3 credits unless otherwise specified.
BUS 5000: Introduction to Graduate Students (1 credit)
BUS 5210: Quantitative Business Research Methods
BUS 6750: International Business Management
MGT 5050: Art of Negotiation
MGT 5200: Effective Management
MGT 5250: Ethical Issues in Management
MGT 5310: Human Resource Management
MGT 5420: Organizational Information
MGT 5430: Organizational Behavior and Management
MGT 6720: Developing Effective Decision Models
MGT 6830: Strategic Management
To be eligible for admission to Shorter University’s Master of Management Program, students must meet the following admission requirements, evidenced by submitting the following documents in an admission portfolio for evaluation:
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 hours attempted.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Demonstration of the ability to perform graduate work in the area of quantitative research methods.
- Candidates with an insufficient undergraduate GPA may submit the results from the GMAT to bolster their application. For those students who submit the GMAT, the following formula shall apply: GPA x 200 points + total GMAT score must equal 1,000 points.
- A current resume documenting at least three years of relevant full-time work experience.
- Two letters of recommendation from employers, instructors or others in a position to evaluate the applicant’s ability to handle graduate work in business administration.
- A personal statement of objectives emphasizing how the completion of the MM degree would affect the applicant’s professional performance and career goals.
- The applicant may include any additional supporting documents that would help the admissions committee in determining the potential success of the applicant.
Final acceptance into the program will be at the discretion of the Graduate Admissions Committee and its assessment of the candidate’s potential to complete the program.